Sunday, September 07, 2008

Conversation Overheard in the Backseat of my Car Today

4 year old son: Look Mommy, the sun is going down.

8 year old daughter: **eye roll** This sun isn't going down [thinking to herself this kid is an idiot] the planet is rotating...

4 year old son: **looking at sister like she's lost her mind** Look Mommy, the sun is going down.

Me [in front]: **giggling**

8 year old daughter: **exasperated** The sun doesn't go down [you know she wants to say dammit here. You just know it.] the planet rotates!

Me: **snorting**

4 year old son: Oh look, the moon is going up.

6 comments:

Hammer said...

Funny!

I had to get a globe and flashlight to teach my little ones

Steve Malley said...

Tee hee!!

Mike said...

That sounds like a conversation my teenagers would have as well...

They argue for the sake of arguing.

Glamourpuss said...

Well, in their way, they're both right!

Puss

Avery said...

Too funny. Why is it older kids are so determined to take the fun out of younger kids' lives? Maybe that's just me projecting, as I was the youngest and subject to much of the same 'education.'

Bud said...

How I love to listen in on that srt f thing. Miss it a lot. Tanks for stopping in on me. I'll try to update son. Meanwhile I have great stuff to read right here!